Though am spending the holidays alone, there are three things to celebrate about:
1) Just found a home and signed a contract (God help me… the rent is mighty expensive!).
2) Heck, we get two days off, can you believe that?! In Taipei btw, Christmas is not a working holiday.
3) Still have a job.
There are three more things to get depressed about:
1) According to my friends who have also transferred to Hong Kong, it takes an average 3 to 6 months to adjust and start liking it. At 2 weeks in, golly, THAT LONG?!
I NEED FRIENDS HERE. AAAAAARRRGH. All I get are people who want to fly to Hong Kong and stay for free in my flat!
2) Well, he still hasn’t called yet. And then I ask myself why I am even bothered by this.
3) I have to go drop by work tomorrow because now I have peace and quiet and can come up with a proposal for 2009. Survival tactics so to speak.
So overall, everything balanced out. But don’t worry too much about me. This is the newbie jitters. Should be okay till about 6 months time.
Till then, have a very merry christmas and an advanced happy new year!