Looking for a Post?
Most Popular Posts
- Questions to ask during yaya interview
- Taipei Strip Bars 101
- A Semi-Comprehensive List to Manila's Summer Classes (Sports, Staff Crew, Sensory Play)
- Mommy Review: Gymboree Magnolia
- Why I Went Back to Manila After 10 Years Overseas?
- My Thoughts on Early Learninga
- Bye Bye Yaya!
- Format: Quit Claim for Departing Yayas
- 10 Tips in Looking for a Yaya Online
- A Semi-Comprehensive List to Manila’s Summer Classes (Sports, Staff Crew, Sensory Play)
- Summer is Here! And so are Summer Classes!
- Mother’s Advice: Do NOT make your kids your world
- Free Soup?
- What’s the best relationship advice you can give someone?
- 10 Practical Tips in Visiting a Singapore Hawker Center (Newton Park)
- 10 Practical Tips when Visiting Universal Studios Singapore if you have Kids 3 Years Old and Above
- Why I let Kids Play by Herself
- Restaurant Review: Gulliver’s of San Francisco Restaurant ❤️❤️❤️
- Why I let my Mother Spoil my Daughter
- Business Series: Working with Integrity
- Big Bad Wolf Haul this Year!
- When a Critical Employee Resigns
- I deleted Fallout Shelter last week.
- Business Chronicles: 15 Steps on How to Register your Company at the Philippines Securities & Exchange Commission Online
- business ethics
- Early Learning
- family drama
- first days of marriage
- life lessons
- managing your own business
- Married Life
- Philippine relationships
- random thoughts
- relationship conflicts
- work-life balance
Tag Archives: onlyinthephilippines
A high school student came the other day and asked me about my experience as a businesswoman. His comments made me reflect on the decisions that I’ve made and why I actually got into business. My parents were both businessman. … Continue reading →
I got a new yaya 2 days after the old yaya left. I caught old yaya on Saturday, asked her to leave on Sunday, and interviewed and hired a new yaya on Tuesday. April 9 was a holiday so maybe … Continue reading →
We went to a children’s party today. During one of the games, my husband who was babysitting (yaya was in day-off) sat our 2-year old toddler in one of the seats previously occupied by another kid when she stood up. … Continue reading →
I’ve interviewed thousands of people since our business is in retail and we have been expanding. When I interview, there’s a few red flags I look out for. The biggest bombs come after the question, “Why did you leave your … Continue reading →
The 8th Commandment commands, “Thou shalt not lie.” And yet, we continue to do so on a DAILY basis. I am aghast on how easily and naturally people lie. They tell white lies to “avoid hurting your feelings.” They commit crimes of … Continue reading →
When you work in the Philippines, you’d never know what you’re going to get. Like yesterday, here is the text exchange between myself and an employee coming in on her first day: Employee (Text: 8:51am): “Hi Ma’m. Good morning. Ma’m, … Continue reading →
I realized that you always get what you pay for. This month, my business is looking for a junior administrative officer. The minimum wage is Php 466/day or Php 12,200/month (that’s USD 285 for 26 working days). I’m willing to pay … Continue reading →
While I am lucky to have a few good men, I couldn’t help but observe how disappointing the Philippine workforce can be. There are just a lot of headaches that occur here that would probably not happen in Hong Kong and Taiwan. … Continue reading →