1) Contrary to popular belief, the best place to study is still hands down, the library.
2) When all else fails, use earplugs — the foamy 3M ones are the best.
4) Talking about cake, my favorite cake is apple pie. Check out McDonald Cafe’s (NT$60) that’s surprisingly delish especially when heated:
4) 36 Fa Liu brand coffee keeps me awake. Ironically, Red Bull puts you to sleep. When sleepy, a 15-minute nap is a better solution than trying to memorize statistical concepts. It’s just a losing battle so why fight it?
6) However, sleeping, though necessary, is still unproductive. There’s no way you can study via osmosis.
What’s more, it’s an active act. Staring at your books is not studying. It’s called, “wasting time.”
8) Process: Read. Highlight. Memorize. Write notes. Read important points in notebook and highlight important points. Repeat.
9) Practice exams: do them now!
10) Working and studying just don’t mix. After work, you’re too tired to even try. Time can also fly when you’re in the zone. Allocate and schedule enough time to study. Coming up with a plan helps.
BONUS: If all else fails, pray hard and don’t kick yourself too hard. Just do your best. If you don’t make it, you can always take it again… success comes only to those who persevere.