MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT: Bonita will no longer be nameless in Taipei.
In a few days, I’ll be moving out from this Formosan Island for good — over 6 years of memories packed in a few boxes. Ta-ta. Goodbye Taiwan!
While packing, I discovered that your blogger is a closet shopaholic. My office shirts number in the 20s, and that goes with shoes, skirts, pants, etc.
Put it this way, I can do NO laundry for 2 months and still have enough clothes to wear.
However, for 6 years of freedom in buying what I want, what I have isn’t that bad anymore. Packing is also quite fun because you never realized you have that many cool stuff. For example, today, I wore this nice little black dress that I’ve never worn because it was hidden behind my closet. Good stuff.
Will I miss Taiwan?
Honestly, not really.
Yes, I’ve made quite a few friends that I know I’ll keep in touch for a lifetime, but seriously, it is time for me to go. There’s nothing else that I can do to make my life any better. In the span of six years, I’ve:
- Studied Mandarin from zero — started from bo po mo fo, baby!
- Got my first job by replying to a classified ads from China Post
- Headed a social organization, doubling its membership and helping make it one of the most prominent groups in Taipei
- Traveled to Japan, US (New York), Cambodia, Thailand (Phuket), Laos, Myanmar, India, Vietnam, Sri Lanka, Hong Kong, China (Shanghai, Nanking, Xiamen, etc.), Singapore
- Supervised a handful of big-ass high-stress projects
- Worked hard, partied hard — sick of the usual suspects like Barcode, Room 18, Primo, etc.
In the end, all I have is a great number of lovely memories and a handful of friends. Isn’t that enough? 🙂
Sure, I had accumulated quite a few acquaintances, but it’s the real friends that stay with you no matter where you go.
So where am I going?
I’ll keep you posted, but am totally psyched! Hopefully, the recession won’t really destroy this positive momentum so keep our fingers crossed!
J. Xu, drop me a mail. I’ll let you know the details and if you’re in Taiwan, I can introduce you to a friend of mine who can take you around. Otherwise, we can meet in another country. I won’t be too far from Taiwan, that’s for sure! 🙂
Talk to you later! Gotta sleep and it’s gonna be a long week ahead! 🙂